The Greenland Ice Sheet is sliding faster than estimated into the ocean due to massive releases of melt-water from surface lakes. According to a study done by the University of Colorado. Such lake drainages may affect sea-level rise, with implication for coastal communities.
I think that this article is really, not only interesting, but also kind of sad because this is all due to global warming, and people think it doesn't exist, but here is the evidence. A whole ice-sheet is melting faster than ever imagined.
This article can relate to my life because two years ago, in my first JMUN, I was talking about the ice melting in the arctic, and I know it's not greenland but one of the solutions was for us to try to help not create so much CO2, because that'll cause so many other ice sheets to melt and it's starting to happen now.
I think that this can relate to Environment because this is the result of us polluting in the air, and some people choose to believe that this isn't happening, but it's real. And this is proof.
Good Job....Good connections. You could expand more on the summary. This is a little short for this article.
ReplyDelete