Thursday, December 8, 2011

Vampire Star

Vampire Star Reveals it's Secrets

Astronomers just discovered something amazing! By using the light of 4 telescopes at the European Southern Observatory's Paranal Observatory, they created a virtual telescope thats 50 times sharper than a NASA Hubble space telescope and obtained the best images ever of a star loosing most of it's material to a vampire companion. Suprisingly, the new results they got, shows the transfer of mass from one star to the other.

I found this article interesting because space is a world of wonders and I really like learning about it, and I had never really heard of a vampire star so it was really cool to learn about it.

This article can relate to my life because a couple of years ago when I was learning about the solar system, I was researching Europa (Jupiter's Moon) and I found so many interesting facts about it, and I really enjoyed it and an other thing was that when I looked through a telescope and saw so many interesting things about space it would be very cool if I ever got the chance to see a Vampire Star.

I think this can relate to Human Ingenuity because these astronomers are thinking outside the box. I feel that space is a world of knowledge just waiting to be explored, and these astronomers are exploring it.

1 comment:

  1. Good Job...The picture was kind of cool in this article. Think about adding one in the future. Otherwise, you did a excellent review. Just need to remember to include the data of the article and of course turn it in on time.

    ReplyDelete